Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fines Suck, Wii is Fun

So I posted this idea a while ago, but the discussion last week on how to get people to fill out a survey got me thinking about it again.

You're trying to engage teens, right? Or just patrons in general, whathaveyou. And we've recognized that most people are cheap and want to get the library fines to go away as painlessly as possible. Plus, teens like people paying attention to them and competition that doesn't make them feel judged or like an outcast.

Soooooo.

Teens versus the librarian in a contest of their choosing (within a set list of maybe twelve options). If you can beat me in xyz, I waive your fines.

So bring on the Mario Kart tournament, my Bowser will totally p0wn your Princess Peach, Random Example Teenager! YuGiOh? YuGiNo! As in no way are you beating me, *snap* *snap*.

I AM THE ALL POWERFUL LIBRARIAN AND I WILL P0WN N00BS IN HALO!

Have a beat the librarian night, and either way you win. If they beat you, they love it, you've just gotten proof for the other teens that it can be done and managed to engage others in a cheap and easy way (word of mouth). If you beat them, they become even more determined to try it again--- let them sign up again for the next BEAT THE LIBRARIAN NIGHT, or best out of three it, depending on the situation.

(Also, provide snacks. That seems to be a running theme.)

No comments:

Post a Comment