Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lesbian Herstory Archives

So my dream of interning at the Lesbian Herstory Archives this upcoming spring, and being really, really gay with some ladies has died an early death.

I was mainly going for the internship because:
a) it sounded like a great place to gather some archival experience
b) it sounded like a great place to meet chicks
c) it sounded like a great place to be an active member of the community

This pipe dream of course was heavily reliant on me ignoring the fact that this semester is going to be spent:
1) working full time
2) thesis
3) archival class
4) library manifesto
5) C2E2 in April
6) occasionally stopping to try and breathe

Sadly, twas not meant to be. Apparently, I can not make division of myself to attend to all of these tasks, and one of them had to give.

The one that involved no money, no credit, and Brooklyn was selected. Ain't it always the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment