Sunday, May 30, 2010

New Job!

I have one! Starting June 14th, I will be working as a technology assistant for a small, awesome, and prestigious private school in the Village. I'll be fixing computers, trouble shooting printers, and helping out in the small and beautiful library that houses the tech office and about 170 students who do things like learn Japanese at school and hang in the hallways playing blues guitar for hours on end.

I feel so trendy right now, you can't even imagine.

More importantly, this new job means that I can do things like hang out with teenagers, learn how to run and manage a small library with limited staff, and change the world with Karyn Silverman. It means that as of June 11th,  I will no longer be a vendor but an actual, honest to Dewey, librarian.  Less than a month out of library school, and I'm a real librarian at last.

Thank you, library gods. You are kind, and always remember to rewind (before returning). I will make several sacrifices at the altar of information literacy for you, and lo, it will be good. 

1 comment:

  1. what...? what????? NOOOOO!!!!!! Wait... dont I have a say???? Huh??? what about MY needs?

    ReplyDelete