Tuesday, June 22, 2010

New Job!


This is New!Job Coffee.
I have been MIA. And not the crazy singer MIA, the absentee friend and associate MIA. Like, text messages on my phone that haven't been read, emails threads that I haven't chimed in on, plans that I haven't formalized even as they approach and friends start to go "Wow. Clair's kinda a schmuck."

I am! I totally am! But I have a great excuse, I swear. And this excuses name is New Job, hence forth referred to for the sake of nerd simplicity as New!Job. 

And because explaining all of the stuff I've spent the last week doing and learning and trying would take a really long post with a lot of words that I'm not coherent enough to spell out, we're going to do this in the universal language of pretty cell-phone pictures. 

Cuz that's how the Tower of Babel was built, my biblically unversed friends.
Monday: Chilling, illing. Plugged one computer in, "power cycled" two others, felt generally nervous.

Joey( My First MacBook Pro)=Airport!FAIL
New Apples (11 of them)
Tuesday: Bought stuff. My stuff didn't work. Couldn't fix own computer, felt like failure of tech person. No one seemed to notice.

(Found out I get entire month of July off with pay. Felt slightly better.)

Wednesday: Created images for computers. Talked with Karyn and found out the idea of me helping in the library has not died an early death. Felt much more slightly better.
First Re-imaging. MacMiniAwesome

Thursday: Re-imaged my first computer. Took picture. Am nerd. (But one with photographic documentation of skill, damn it!)


Friday: Did more re-imaging. Had party and drinks at noon (I could get used to this life of leisure stuff) and took Joey back to store. Genius bar says he has a screw loose, and gives me a beautiful new Cecelia.

Students install "Play Me" Piano outside of the school. And various people do just that. Including awesome opera!singer coworker.
Entertaining and checking email at same time. Skillz.



No comments:

Post a Comment