Saturday, July 10, 2010

Why Shakespeare in the Park is Overrated

Mainly, because I can't get tickets. After showing up at 7:15 in the morning on the hottest day of the year in New York City, on a Tuesday, I got nada.

So, bitter, disillusioned, and saddened by my failure, I decided to turn this into a teachable moment and get up earlier next time, go on an even hotter day or one where rain is anticipated, and wait patiently for my chance to see Merchant of Venice.

But then I decided nuts to that.

So instead, tonight I am attending a performance of Shakespeare in the Parking Lot. Where the performances are free, there's no insane ticketing line, and I don't have to get my lazy ass up at 6 AM to sit on the hard ground in Central Park for 7 hours and still probably not get tickets.

So there, Delacourte. Suck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment